Monday, March 3, 2014

Book Series I Want to Read/Finish


Lately, I have been adding a ton of books to my TBR shelf on Goodreads. I keep finding all of these awesome blogs that have tons of books that look so tempting, so on the list they go. This has me thinking about all of the great series that have been recommended to me, or I have started reading and have not finished, and how much I want to get into some of them. So, I thought I would great a list of the series that I want to read or finish at this time. Maybe you will find some to add to your TBR list as well!

1. The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer 
I have heard about this series for quite some, and I was not sure what the big deal was since I did not know much about it. One of my friends told me recently that I really needed to read it, so I decided to pick up Cinder at the library. It still took me awhile to actually begin reading the book, though. I finished the first book this past weekend, and now I cannot wait to continue reading. The only negative is that the series is not complete, so I will have to wait for the final book to come out after reading the first three books in the series.

 2. Article 5 Series by Kristen Simmons
I found this series as I was looking around on Goodreads a few weeks ago. It was through that widget on the side of the page that shows books similar to the one you are currently looking at. I looked at the first book in the series and decided it sounds pretty great. I am a fan of YA Dystopias, after all. When I was at the library I spotted the first book and decided to pick it up, but I have not had a chance to start reading it yet.

3. Code Name Verity Series by Elizabeth Wein 
I was at the public library when I first spotted this book. I had never heard of it, but when I picked it up I was intrigued. I had been reading The Book Thief at the time, so I was interested in reading another book int he same time period. I do enjoy some historical fiction, and this series sounds great. I have the first one from the library still, but I have not had a chance to begin it yet, either. So far there are only two books in the series, but I am not sure if any more will be released.

4. Shatter Me Series by Tahereh Mafi 
I have heard SO much about this series lately. I actually picked up the first one at the library a few weeks ago before I realized just how big this series is. The cover is different, so it threw me off a little bit at first. It is another one that I have not even started yet, though I am very eager to do so. I love the covers of the books, too.

5. Touch Series by Laurie Faria Stolarz 
Wow! I did not realize that this series now had five books. I read the first book a few years back and really, really enjoyed it. After that, I ended up buying the second book, though I never got around to actually reading it so it's still on my TBR shelf in the living room. As far as I knew, there were only the three books, so now I am shocked to see five as I look through them on Goodreads. I have some series catching up to do!

6. The Wolves of Mercy Falls Series by Maggie Stiefvater 
I believe I started reading this series back in high school. My brother had the first book, and he let me borrow it from him. I read Shiver and enjoyed it very much (besides, isn't the cover wonderful?). We did not have the second book at the time though, I cannot even remember if it was out yet, actually. I do hope to eventually finish this series though as I did enjoy the first book quite a bit.

7. Matched Series by Ally Condie
The girls in my classes go crazy over this series. It seems like something that would draw them in, and it is certainly something that will draw me in as well. I definitely look forward to the romance that you find in YA literature, and this one seems like it will hold a lot of it for me. I have all three books checked out from the school I work at, and I plan to get through the series pretty quickly once I start reading them.

8. The Selection Series by Kiera Cass
Just like Matched, this is a series I have heard a lot about that seems to focus a lot on the romance in the books, and I am perfectly content with that! I adore a good love story, after all. Even better than that, it seems like it might have a bit of a love triangle, mixed in with a little bit of action and danger. While I have never been a fan of the show The Bachelor, this sounds like a very good version of what goes on there. I picked up the first two books in the series at the library today and am looking forward to getting started on them.

9. Unwind Dystology Series by Neal Shusterman
This is another series that was recommended to me by another friend. She had read the first book awhile ago and was going back to finish the series (which seems to have four books, not three, though I am not sure the last one is out yet). She was explaining it to me, and I agree that it sounds pretty great. I have the first one at work so that I can read it in the small breaks I have when students are testing and things like that. It is a different plot than I have seen often, and I am looking forward to getting into the series.

10. Summer Series by Jenny Han
I have seen the first book in this series several times, mostly while looking around bookstores. I was always drawn to the cover on the first book, though I never actually purchased it. (I have to be careful when I go into book stores so I don't get into trouble with the husband!). I had no idea that it was actually part of a series, though, and that makes it even better! I do not have any of the books yet, but I look forward to eventually reading them.

What about you? Have you read any of these series and have any thoughts/comments on them? Any other series you think I should read?


2 comments:

  1. I've started a few of these series, but haven't finished any. Code Name Verity and Rose Under Fire aren't really a series, though...they share one character for a little bit, but they are completely separate stories (and I *have* read both and loved both books...so DO read them ASAP)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh really? My friend told me it was a series, but that sounds pretty cool too, just having the character in common thing. Thanks for the information! I will have to get to them very soon then :]

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs