Monday, April 28, 2014

World Building #AtoZChallenge


I'm so frustrated with myself! I was doing so well with this challenge, and then I completely failed this past weekend. The post was supposed to be on Saturday, and then I completely forgot to do it. Then I was going to make it up on Sunday, and then fell asleep before I got around to it. Oops! So, I will be doing two posts tonight in order to catch up and finish on time. I really have enjoyed this challenge, I just wish I had been a bit better at remembering every single day.

One of the big topics of conversation that seems to be popular at the moment with books is the idea of world building. Perhaps I hear it so much since I read so many dystopian books, but I really like this concept. It seems so unbelievable awesome to me how much an author can come up with when they begin developing the world within their story. I love to see what they come up with, and wonder what it would be like if it actually happened at one point or another. I also think it is a very important factor these days; we want to believe in the setting of the books we read.

What about you? Do you think world building is important in books?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs