Monday, July 21, 2014

Cover Concepts: July 20 - 26

Happy Monday! Welcome to the feature Cover Concepts on my blog. Every Monday I am going to create a post with all of the young adult book covers that are releasing within the week. I will then tell you all what I think about the covers; If I love them, or if I think that they could be better. At the end of the post, I will give you all a chance to vote on your favorite cover of the week. As I pick a lot of my reads based on their covers, this seemed like the perfect feature for me to begin on the blog. Feel free to leave comments with your opinions of the covers as well, and we can discuss them! :] 

1. Endless (Shadowlands #3) by Kate Brian - July 22
Thoughts: I am actually a pretty big fan of these covers. When it comes to a completed series, I like to go back and look at all of the covers before making my opinion. All of them match perfectly, and while I like the first one the best of the three, I really do like them all. I don't mind the title being broken up, and I think the birds add some interest. I would like to have these books on my shelf.

2. Welcome to the Dark House by Laurie Faria Stolarz - July 22
Thoughts: I am a huge fan of this author, and while I liked the covers of her other series, I think that the cover of this book makes it much more mysterious. The font of the title is interesting and different, and I do like the colors in the background. This cover is pretty good.

3. Extraction by Stephanie Diaz - July 22
Thoughts: I can't say that I am a big fan of the whole eyeball thing on every cover. I think that they can be done well (like the Shatter Me trilogy, when it's just the eye and it's pretty), but this is not one of those cases. It does not tell me much about the book, and it just doesn't draw my attention at all.

4. One Past Midnight by Jessica Shirvington - July 22
Thoughts: I really, really do not like the color combinations going on here. I don't think that the green and purple go together at all, and I feel like the tagline is over used. I do think that the way the girl's hair is moving is a bit interesting, but that's the only thing that is.

5. Just Like the Movies by Kelly Fiore - July 22
Thoughts: I'd say that this is your typical cutesy contemporary cover. The colors are nice, I suppose, and I do think that the umbrella adds a cute touch to the whole thing. I do like the font of the title, though I am not sure I like the layout of it on the cover. Overall, it could be a lot worse, but it's not too exciting, either.

6. Dissonance by Erica O'Rourke - July 22
Thoughts: Eh, I'm not loving this. It all looks so blurry, and I cannot say that I'm a fan of that look. I also don't like the repetition of everything on the cover. I think that they could have made it look nice with just the girl once. It's clear they're trying to repeat the title at the top too, just really big so it doesn't all fit. I'm not a fan.

Thoughts: I have not read any of this series, but I have heard good things and I am interested. Based on three covers, this isn't my favorite, but it's not my least favorite, either. I love the cover of the second book, but this one takes second place. I like the intensity on the girl's face, and the dress is awesome. I think it's pretty well done.

8. The Fire Wish by Amber Lough - July 22
Thoughts: I really like the look of this cover. It's a bit more simple, which I think can be very nice for some books. The cover gives me an idea about what the book might be about, which will more likely make me want to pick it up and give it a read. I really like the font of the title, too.

9. Uncaged by Michele Cook & John Sandford - July 22
Thoughts: At first look, I was not impressed by this cover. However, then I looked at it more closely and it made me much more curious about the story. Now I see that the different squares are actually video cameras monitoring different parts of a building. I do think that the author's names are too big, though.

10. The Year of Chasing Dreams by Lurlene McDaniel - July 22
Thoughts: BORING. There is nothing about this cover that makes me want to read this book. Nothing at all. I do hope that they consider a redesign. Snore.

11. The Burnouts (Quarantine #3) by Lex Thomas - July 22
Thoughts: I'm not too impressed with this cover, either. In all fairness, it does match the other covers in the series, so that says something. However, I really hate when they put the name of a series bigger than the name of the actual book title on a cover. I don't think that is necessary at all.

12. Like No Other by Una LaMarche - July 24
Thoughts: I like that this cover is illustrated instead of having the typical people posing and having their picture on a book. It's a little bland for me, but at least it is not too much. I do like the colors and I think that they all go well together. It's nicely done, though I do think that it could be more exciting.

Poll: There we have it, those are the majority of the young adult books releasing this week. Which cover is your favorite of the week? Make sure to vote below!
Which Cover is your Favorite This Week?
  
pollcode.com free polls 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs