Monday, October 13, 2014

Cover Concepts: October 12 - 18

Happy Monday! Welcome to the feature Cover Concepts on my blog. Every Monday I am going to create a post with all of the young adult book covers that are releasing within the week. I will then tell you all what I think about the covers; If I love them, or if I think that they could be better. At the end of the post, I will give you all a chance to vote on your favorite cover of the week. As I pick a lot of my reads based on their covers, this seemed like the perfect feature for me to begin on the blog. Feel free to leave comments with your opinions of the covers as well, and we can discuss them! :]

October 12 - 18: Once again, there are TONS of YA releases on the list this week, so I will not be sharing all of them this time either. There would just be too many (and as I'm still recovering from a stomach virus, I just don't think I could handle it), but I will do as many as I have heard of up to this point. Don't forget to vote for your favorite cover of the week! 

1. They All Fall Down by Roxanne St. Claire - October 14
 Thoughts: I find this cover to be pretty amusing, honestly. Maybe that's not the way I am supposed to feel about a cover like this, but I can't seem to stop myself. At first I was a little freaked out because I thought the red under them was blood, but now I think it's their plates. I think that the tagline definitely adds to the humor as well.

2. Trust Me, I'm Lying by Elizabeth Summer - October 14
Thoughts: I really like the title of this book, that alone makes me want to read it. I'm not sure that the cover makes me feel the same way, though. It's just another boring cover model with words across her face, nothing too intriguing. The font is okay, though not my favorite, either. The only cool addition here is the gun necklace she is wearing.

3. Very Bad Things by Susan McBride - October 14
Thoughts: Unlike the previous one, I am not a huge fan of this title. It just sounds a bit strange, though I know that is very much a personal opinion. I do think that the cover is pretty cool, though. It gives us a little insight into the book, but only enough to make us want to read it. I want to know why there is a grave filled with what looks to be rose petals. Interesting, for sure.

4. Stitching Snow by R.C. Lewis - October 14
Thoughts: I am a HUGE fan of snow white (a lot of this is probably because my wedding dress was Snow White in Alfred Angelo's Disney collection in 2012. That's beside the point, though). I think that the apple on the cover looks very cool, just like it has actually been stitched on, which I am sure is the point. Retellings can be pretty cool, and this cover has me intrigued.

5. Clariel by Garth Nix - October 14
Abhorsen #4
Thoughts: From what I have heard, this series has gotten a pretty big make over (perhaps more than one?). I do think that this cover is pretty cool. The dragon being there is awesome, and I am sure would make sense if I had read any of the series. I do like the symbol in the middle as well, that I'm sure serves some symbolism as well. I should probably read these books...

6. Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch - October 14
Snow Like Ashes #1
Thoughts: I think that this cover is pretty interesting. It seems to have a lot going on, but it all seems to work well together, so I'm okay with it. I do like how the symbol is showing two different pictures, and seems to be two different seasons. I think that it's simple, but nice.

7. Even in Paradise by Chelsey Philpot - October 14
Thoughts: I do not like this cover. This is the exact kind of cover that I dislike entirely. I hate to be so harsh, but I just don't think that there is anything special about it. I hate when models are just thrown in together and it's supposed to make me want to read the book. This looks like another summer love triangle, and I'm not sure that I'm interested. I am sure they could have come up with something much better.

8. Damaged by Amy Reed - October 14
Thoughts: This is just as bad as the one above, if not worse. A bored looking cover model, I'm not sure that I'm interested at all.

9. Undivided by Neal Shusterman - October 14
Unwind #4
Thoughts: It definitely matches the other books in the series, which is the first thing that I look for when deciding on how I feel about a cover. I think that these covers are okay, even if they are far from being my favorite. I do think that they are a little bland, but they are certainly much better than having random cover models.

10. Glory O'Brien's History of the Future by A.S. King - October 14
Thoughts: This is an example of a cover model used in a way that I can be okay with. It's still not my favorite thing, but I'm okay with it. I think that her eye looks really pretty, even though it's not in color. I do like how the text is the only thing that stands out and is in color. I don't know, there is something about this cover that makes me want to read the book.

11. Redeemed by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast - October 14
House of Night #12
Thoughts: I have never been a fan of the covers in this series, and that feeling has not changed now that they are to the 12th and last book in the series. I have always disliked the cover models and the designs that they have going across every cover. I guess a positive is that it matches the rest of the series...I'm grasping for straws here!

12. My True Love Gave To Me: Twelve Holiday Stories by Various Authors - October 14
Thoughts: I think that this is cute, based on what the book is about. I do like illustrated covers, and the ice skating rink is cute and often makes people think of winter and holidays, I think. A lot of the cover is taken up with the author names, which I guess makes sense since there are so many of them. It's cute, so that works for me.

Which is Your Favorite Cover This Week?












pollcode.com free polls

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs